Your choice in glasses has a profound impact on your overall style, making glasses one of the most important style selections. Growing up I wore eyeglasses and contacts until I was about 27 and then I chose to have the Lasik eye surgery. Before then wearing contacts was the way to go and your glasses were just used as a backup. I remember my glasses being “cute,” but I didn’t put a lot of thought into picking out the most stylish frames. Today spectacles are not always a sign of poor eyesight; it’s a “stylish accessory” to your personal style!!
Fashionality introduces “Eyewear Styling” with this service I can help you find the right pair of eyeglasses that flatter your features, fit propperly and most of all find your style! Finding the right frames for your face is a process and for those who wear glasses know this task is done every two years. My client Jennifer Green wanted to enhance her look with a new pair of glasses that would show offer her personality and personal style. But she wasn’t aware that there was more to it….she needed to know your facial shape, facial details and coloring. Fit plays a big part too, but I leave that to the experts at the optical retail stores https://www.visionworks.com/ or https://www.lenscrafters.com/.
We also wanted to find Jennifer glasses that would suit her lifestyle; from sitting in front of a computer all day, to living in Florida and wanting a more sophisticated look. The first step to finding the “perfect” frames is to know your Facial Shape.
Step 1: Facial Shapes
- Oval-An oval face is defined by balanced features and a chin slightly narrower than the forehead.
- Round.-A round face is defined by a soft, circular shape where the width and length are almost equal.
- Square-Curved shapes that are more horizontal than vertical will soften the angles of the facial shape.
Step 2: Facial Details
- Long nose: A low, prominent bridge breaks up the length of the nose.
- Wide nose: A dark bridge can help elongate a wide nose, but the bridge should be thin and simple, so as not to call attention to itself.
- Small nose: Choose glasses with a high bridge, in order to expose as much of the nose as possible. Delicate metal frames are usually more flattering, than plastic ones.
You may be tempted to choose a frame color that “goes with everything.” But consider a color that truly flatters you and helps you make your personal style statement. As long as you’re open to new color ideas, know your skin tone, hair color and the color of your eyes you’ll never be accused of having boring eyewear. Jennifer and I found her a pair a frames last Saturday that complimented her square face, but showed her true self. She was excited about this new service and didn’t realize how helpful it would be having someone there to guide her with this important purchase!
The point is, when your frames are right, you look good and you feel good, which shows off your style to equal confidence. So whether you need eyeglasses for: nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism…it’s all about a stylish pair of “specs”! So when you’re ready to update your frames, find that modern look and show off your personality, take Fashionality with you! Thank you Jennifer for allowing Fashionality to assist with your eyewear style!